Monday, July 12, 2010

Trading Yoho for the Zoo

Went to the clinic this morning and they recommended another day on IV, so we postponed our Yoho depature and went to the Zoo instead.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of zoos. I value their conservation work, but have trouble watching animals in tight quarters in foreign lands. But DD1 has been asking about it ever since we left Ottawa so we obliged.

The zoo was nice, not spectacular, but the girls enjoyed it alot. I found it pretty pricey. The kids were excited by all the animals. Their favourites were the hippos and giraffes.
You forget how big they are until you see them in the flesh.

We walked and walked and Megs lost her energy halfway through and had a brief cat nap on dad!

Calgary has very wierd and sudden weather. We were hit with short, intense hail storms yesterday and today. We ran for cover in the elephant enclosure and watched 1 cm hailstones fall from the sky! When we were walking back to the car, the wind really picked up and was so fast you could barely walk into it. It nearly blew off the front door of the van when I tried to open it. DD1's paper cowboy hat that she got at the Stampede blew out of the van and she was so traumtized we drove around the lot looking for it. We found it stuck in a mud puddle.

I finally went back and put pictures in all my blogs. Still have to update the mileage, but hey I have been busy. Got more groceries tonight so we are good to go for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your mastitis. Sucks that both you and Len had to make trips to the ER...but I guess better something with you guys than with the kids. I hope you're feeling much better! I'm surprised they had you on IV antibiotics for so many doses before changing you to oral. Puts a bit of a damper on your trip! Hopefully everything else will go smoothly! Sounds like you're having one hell of a time! We just had an amazing visit wiht my brother and his family...but we're sad we have nothing more to look forward to this summer. Come home early so we can have play dates! The girls need someone to play with and I need friendly conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dx on the cart was sepsis/mastitis. The docs were surpirsed at how sick I was, so maybe they thought more was going on? ABs are going fine, although trying to remember to take them 4 times a day on a road trip is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoos are kind of like enigmas to me as well. Nice to have, but difficult when you see the confinement. But, at least you are taking it easy! By reading the other comments, I am happy to hear that you get off the IV, I am beginning to wonder if it was more than mastitis? Are you still breast feeding at this time? I guess the quest with the pills I will read onwards.

    ReplyDelete