Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Regina, SK

A late morning after a late night – everybody is a bit groggy today. Went back to Wascana park to play at Candy Cane Park – it was great. DH also went to the water fowl look out and took the girls to check out the waterfowl holding pens. The Regina tourism guide suggested a visit to the old warehouse district, so we headed there for lunch. Big mistake! We may have missed it, but the warehouse district looks like a warehouse district. I wouldn't even call it up-and-coming!

After a late lunch we headed back to the house and hung out for a bit before heading to the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. What a great place, and a great price – by donation. The animal diaramas were awesome, and the girls liked following the dinosaur footprints.

Our friend was an awesome host, and made us a delicious homeade spaghetti with meat sauce, so yummy! I got to relax again that evening as he also granted my second wish (after laundry) a nice shower. Actually it was an awesome massaging jet tub with fancy lights that changed the water different colours. I was afraid I was going to fall asleep in there. Mental note for when we reno our ensuite bath – get this tub!

1 comment:

  1. I believe the warehouse district is in the Regina Tourism guide for the brick styles that are out the facades and some of the original architecture. I guess you were less than impressed. I think it is interesting to see some of those older brick buildings, but it is not something for kids to ponder :) My DH and I have fond memories of Candy Cane Park beside Wascana, again not a child friendly moment :)

    I am intrigued by the homemade spaghetti, so I guess I will have to get a pasta maker for my mixer and try it out. Many people have said it is much more flavourful.

    My uncle used to work at the Royal Sask as a stone mason to help the archeologists remove the fossils from the rock. We too are very impressed by the dioramas. That artist has received many awards - I think it is Dwayne Harty, but I could be corrected on that.

    Your friend's tub sounds pretty nice, I will have to check out your renos in the future!

    ReplyDelete