Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fargo, ND

July 2nd

We are staying at Lindenwood Campground in the middle of Fargo. It's a great big park with two huge play parks and lots of picnic spots. A perfect place to spend a lazy day. The girls enjoyed the play park in the morning (see pics). DD2 had a nap in the afternoon while I enjoyed some quiet time to read and catch up on my blog. DH and DD1 and DS went to town to get some supplies. Not a good afternoon to be outside – it was 100 degrees! We got to break in the air conditioning in the trailer. Funny how you enjoy things you once said you would never do!



It was nice to have a relaxed supper and get the kids to bed on time – DH and I had a nice evening.

I have enjoyed travelling through the US, the roads are good and the gas prices are great. Towing the trailer we only get about 25 L per 100 kms and are filling up 2 or 3 times each driving day, so the savings sure add up. Makes me wonder if we should have gone all the way west via the US... I can't get used to travelling in miles though. Every time I see a mileage point for our destination (e.g. Fargo 105) I get excited until I make the conversion to kms. Miles are just way too long!

Back on the road tomorrow, bound for Spruce Woods Provincial Park, near Brandon Manitoba.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you have air conditioning. It may not have been so pleasant with out it? I would then hope for cross breezes.

    Are the roads better in the US than in Canada? I would have thought the #1 would have been pretty good. But I have yet had the pleasure of driving back to SAsk from here, so I really can't comment. Driving within Sask, not on the #1, not soo good. But hey, you have to have some excitement to drive on the grids.

    Anyway, I would still think you would be filling up twice or thrice in Canada, but you may not be going as far? I guess we shall see!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete