Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Blog Begins

So its Wednesday morning and I have been up since 5 am because I am so excited/nervous about our big trip . I have been thinking/planning/dreaming about this trip for over a year and it starts tomorrow. When I tell people about our roadtrip, the almost universal response is "you're crazy". What's crazy about camping for 2 months and driving 11000 kms with 3 little kids (5 y, 3 y, 9 months) and a black lab? Nevermind, don't answer that.

I come from crazy parents, I guess, because I grew up on road trips and camping. In fact, I did this trip when I was 11. They are my best memories, and define 'family' for me.

Follow us on our adventure, and see if we're as crazy as everyone claims!

1 comment:

  1. Hey FunkyBoss,

    We find Departure day always comes too soon, we too are up to the very early morning getting stuff packed up.
    As you drive past the fake lake, besure to assess the $1 million or whatever price tag it was. Money well spent! :) Well I guess that remains to be seen.
    Hope your trip is uneventful.

    PJD

    ReplyDelete